Philosophy and Mission Statement
The mission of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School is to develop strong values in our students and educate them spiritually, intellectually, culturally, and physically.
About Our Lady of Lourdes School
Our Lady of Lourdes is a Catholic school located on the north side of Decatur, Illinois. The school is part of a Catholic parish complex consisting of Our Lady of Lourdes Church and School. The church and school are surrounded by a quiet, well-kept residential neighborhood on Decatur's north side. Our Lady of Lourdes parish complex is home to a vibrant Catholic church and a thriving, family- focused school, which serves students from preschool to grade 8.
Our Lady of Lourdes parish was established in 1957 by the Diocese of Springfield. In 1960 the school, staffed entirely by Dominican Sisters, welcomed its first students. Today a staff of 25 serves a diverse, 300+ student population. Our Lady of Lourdes admits students of any race, color, nationality or ethic origin. Priority admission is given to children of parish members and those interested in a faith-oriented, academically challenging curriculum, as class size permits.
Building on Tradition
- Promotes a faith based education emphasizing service.
- Promotes a high academic achievement
- Teaches personal responsibility through firm and loving guidance
- Member of the National Catholic Education Association
- Member of the Illinois Elementary School Association
- Recognized and Accredited by the Illinois State Board of Education
Faculty and Staff
The administration, teachers, and support staff at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School are always available to help in any way they can to insure a quality educational experience for the students. You may contact most of the teachers and staff members directly through School Speak. You can find the biography of our faculty and staff members under the link for "Current Families."
- Balance of experienced staff, some with Master's Degrees
- Ongoing staff development through Illinois State Teacher Recertification
- Principal has Illinois Administrative certification and Master's
- Parish priests involved in religious instruction